Saturday, March 6, 2010

My life and my thoughts from studying in US

My thoughts changed so much since I came to study in US since 2007. From Feb 2005-May 2007, I worked as the program and training manager and class leader at a company in Bangkok. My life is great. It was a great time with so many challenges that I overcame. I got lots of reputations from my boss and colleagues. In May 30th, 2007, it's the day that my life changed because I had to come to study in US. This turning point was so strange because I didn't come to study Master Degree as 24 year-old guy usually do but I just came to study 2nd B.A. I chose the path that not many people want to choose because I feel that I have to do what I really love (not just like it).Why do I need the degree that I don't love? If I don't change now, I have to stay with the thing I just like forever and that's not my life. Love and like are different right? I had to go back to be a college student again. Ego from manager was still big and it killed me. Ego caused me the bad attitudes and suffering (by my own thoughts). I found that I was lost, so I learned to overcome it. Besides, working part time job and study in the same time. Overcoming big Ego in me was the toughest challenge and one of the biggest rewards in my life. Ego is suck and it's sneaky like cancer. It brought negative thoughts in my head and made me so tired. Nonetheless, I won. Damn u Ego!! Good bye forever!!

Finally Dec 2009, I graduated from E. Media major. I produced few works that might look bad as a pictures but they have great idea (I think). I felt sad that I can't produced professional quality look because many difficulties occur during production. I don't have car, so I have to carry all equipments across campus by walking which was really pain in the ass. I don't have good team. I wished I had but I didn't. Our department have only SD DVcam but it's not all bad. I learned to make the best out of SD camera though. However, I realized the importance of teamwork. I can't produce great work without team. I strongly hope and wish that I will have chance to work with people who has strong passion with their art works in entertainment industry in the future.

After graduated, it's another life episode. I did what others new graduated college students do "apply for a job". As everybody know, it's hard to get job at this time. Economy is bad. However, I start to addicted to photography(actually since August 2009 when I bought my first DSLR camera). I started to go through all tutorials and books from internet and university library. After 7 months of learning about photography, this is the result (http://www.flickr.com/photos/42556453@N04/). I still don't like it. I wanna go beyond this. At the same time, I start to write down movie script to turn in for some film production company in Thailand. This will be epic and proud for Thai people if it's made nicely.

So far, I'm still learning so much from internet sources however today is another day that remind me the importance of practices again. This is what I wanna tell everybody "No matter how much you know, without practice or get your hands dirty, you'll never truly understand everything until you did it." Today, I go out to take photo because finally, I have a model(my sister). Although, she is not photogenic but that's all I want. I feel this is another challenge because it is easy to make professional model look good but not everybody is photogenic. If I can make my sister look good, that'd means I achieve something.

My little steps is going! Start practicing and stop thinking too much(that's how you put yourself in the frame)!

Good Luck everybody!

CrazyKavin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment